Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Mother's Day post for Mom.

It took me a long time to realize this, but my mom is one amazing woman.

Not only has she successfully raised 6 children (including a stepdaughter), but she taught us so much. My mom instilled beliefs and morals in all of us that I think a lot of people lack and most importantly she taught us how to love.

She taught us that it's okay to be overly compassionate.
It's okay to show love.
It’s okay to speak your opinion as long as it's in a respectful way.
It’s okay to have a bad day (just don’t take it out on her).
Hug often.
Smile at strangers even if they won't smile back.
Give with all your heart.
Befriend often and always believe in the good in people.

This Mother’s Day my mother deserves an award. You see, she’s been raising children for 40 years and next week, her youngest, my little brother is graduating high school. Now that is a huge accomplishment, don't you think?

Mom, here is your award.  All your hard work has finally paid off!
Thank you for your support and encouragement all these years. Thank you for the love you give (and the care packages you send). Thank you for always listening to me, even when I get up on my soap box. Thank you for your honest advice each and every time I ask for it. Thank you for always being just a phone call away. Thank you for always believing in me.

I think I speak on behalf of all your children when I say, thank you for all you've done for us and continue to do for us. We love you and truly do appreciate you! 

Someday when I am a mother I hope to have the strength, courage and devotion for my kids as you have for yours. 

I love you so much. Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: