Monday, March 11, 2013

Mutton Mondays - DO try this at home!

I'll be the first to admit that lamb can be a bit intimidating in the kitchen. I think the main reason for this is that it's pricey and well, you don't want to screw it up. I also think a lot of people think all lamb recipes are something extravagent when, in reality it's just like any other piece of meat.

We get our lamb for free and we really have no reason why we aren't eating lamb at least 3x's a week. We've made a conscience effort to be better about this and have been trying new recipes.

I've shared our go-to lamb recipe from the American Lamb website with you before, but I wanted to share a new recipe we've found. 

This Lamb Roast recipe is from the Crocking Girls website, we added a few ingredients and made a few changes to the original recipe which I indicate below with asteriks and parenthesis.

Here it is!
 


1 leg of (Colorado) lamb* the CG recipe uses Lamb Roast
Trim away excess fat*
Leg can be frozen*
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
1 teaspoon garlic powder or 3-4 garlic cloves*

Mix spices together and rub vigorously on leg of lamb.


Place lamb in crock pot (yep, I said crock pot!) and add:
1 teaspoon Lime Juice*
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/2 cup of water

 
Cook on low for 8 hours.
This is a delicious and easy meal! We were a little nervous to cook lamb for 8 hours, seems a bit long, but it was mouthwatering.

I hope you'll give this a try! If you do, let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

No comments: