Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Twas the week of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep.

I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep. - author unknown


The holiday season is upon us and a depression cloud with my name all over it is working it's way over the rockies because the holidays just won't be the same for me this year. The new j-o-b isn't very generous with holiday time-off and we'll work Wednesday and Friday which rules out a (long) weekend trip home to Southern California. Bah-humbug, right? Right. Oh, but we get a ham and beer as a thank you! um. okay.

This year I will stay on the ranch with the hubby, in-law's and Jiggy. I will stuff my face with ham and beer and try not to be to grouchy because after all I do have tons to be thankful for this year. The ham and beer being one. 

On a more serious note, I am truly grateful for so many things this year. Things that weren't in the 'plans' but happened anyway and changed our lives drastically. People that stumbled in my life and are now my best friends. Trips that were taken and memories made. Health of friends and family that faltered but got/is getting back on track. A job I don't like one bit but is paying the bills. I'm grateful for it all. We've given up lots this year but gained so much more because of it. God really does work in mysterious ways. Life and all of it's trials is a blessing. 


I leave you with a picture. 
The Rams got out onto the county road. 
Anyway, this picture cracks me up. I love how Jigs is running the opposite way...some days she just couldn't care less about the sheep or working. 

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! :)

Debbie Candelaria said...

I recently started reading your blogs and they are very sentimental and entertaining. I like your choice of words, your courage, your love, and your passion! Welcome to the "good life" here in Bayfield, Colorado! I'm glad I got to meet you!