Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ultimate Blog Party 2011


Hey there!

I am taking part in the Ultimate Blog Party 2011 (at 5 minutes for mom), because it sounded like fun and I want to meet more Bloggers! If you've popped over from there, hello and thanks for visiting!

A little about me and my blog:
I was born and raised in the city and I am not where I am today because my plan went the way I hoped but because of unexpected events. I've learned that is what life is...just a bunch of unexpected events. Nothing ever goes to plan. And for me that has turned out to be a blessing.

In August of 2010 my father-in-law had a bad fall. He tore ligaments in his shoulder and was put in a sling until surgery could be performed. While in a sling he felt a lump in his breast. Cancer. Between the shoulder injury and chemo treatments it would be months maybe years before he'd be able to work on the sheep ranch again. The ranch he built from the ground up.

His parents asked us if we would take over the sheep operation. They want to retire and enjoy life after they kicked this cancer's a**. J and I always knew there was a possibility we would be asked to take over the operation but never thought it would happen this fast (or at all). Within weeks J and I quit our jobs, packed our things in a horse trailer and headed south.

From all this
I’ve learned that it’s not about the things you have - your house, your car, your clothes or how much money you make. It's about what you have in your heart, the love that surrounds you and the view you have from your front and back porch window.

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures in the country while learning about agriculture and sheep along the way! 

A Rancher's Wife

9 comments:

crystal.cattle said...

Nice to learn a little more about you. What's the ultimate blog party. Can anyone participate?
www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

crystal.cattle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marisa said...

You are brave and this is definitely an interesting blog. I moved from the city to the suburbs and thought I wouldn't survive.
Good luck to you and your family! I'm here via UBP by the way... party on!
http://chica425.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Wow. That is an interesting story.

Nice to meet you. Can't wait to read more.

City Life to Ranching Wife said...

Thanks for stopping by!
Crystal - yes anyone can join the party. Just go to the 5 Minutes for Mom link on this post. :)

Unknown said...

What a great story and kuddos for making the move. You must love the Pioneer Woman's story. Hope your FIL is doing better. Now following you from the UBP. http://tvstake.blogspot.com

City Life to Ranching Wife said...

@ TV's Take - thank you! My FIL is doing better - it's truly a miracle! I'll be posting an update on him soon. I do love PW's story. Her story def inspires me to do more, but I'm not too good in the kitchen!

Paige @ The Crunchy Mamacita said...

We are country dwellers too :) You can check out my blog at http://thecrunchymamacita.blogspot.com/.

Kristina @ A Home Made by Kiki said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from the UBP...a little late, but it is taking me a while to go through all of the links! I love meeting new bloggers! I'm your newest follower! Come over to my blog to see how I am creating a healthy home for my family if you get the chance!